It seems this has been a week of significant milestones for this humble little blog. I published my 2000th post a few days ago. And then this weekend marked the 10th anniversary…or “blogiversary”…of this blog. I want to thank you again for sticking with me. It’s been quite a ride, hasn’t it?
Over this ten year span, I’ve written about a lot of different life experiences. Some were great. Some were awful. Horribly awful. Here are some highlights from the past decade…
- I shared my seminary experience.
- We said goodbye to my nephew.
- I discussed my most memorable travel experiences. This list was written in 2006. There are several more memories I can add (like two trips to Florida and a life-changing trip to Ethiopia to bring Mihret home). I’m all about making memories with my family!
- When we left Tennessee and returned to Indiana, I shared a few more memorable goodbyes I’ve had along the way.
- I’ve shared quite a bit about coaching instructional baseball.
- For the second time in less than a year, I had to say goodbye to colleagues at work thanks to layoffs. The day after the second layoff, my father in law died. Man, I still miss him.
- Philmont Scout Ranch always manages to show up in a post or two a year. I think this one about leadership lessons is my favorite.
- I’ve shared some fun stories, too. Like the time I had to break into my parents’ house. And how I proposed to Christy.
- Of course, our lives were changed when we brought Mihret home. I wrote about that. A lot.
- And there’s always Star Wars. Give me that Star Wars. Nothing but Star Wars.
OK. That was actually more than 10 posts. But how can you pick just ten out of two thousand? I’ll tell you how…
Thanks for looking back at the last 10 years with me. I can’t wait to discover what happens next!