It’s that time of year again…Girls’ Weekend, where Christy and her college roommates get together for a weekend away – just the four of them.
Back when the kids were younger and I had some pretty important responsibilities on Sunday mornings, this weekend was pretty chaotic and even a little bit stressful sometimes. Now that they’re older and everyone realizes that things just might be pretty OK when Dad’s left alone with the kids and that all of us really will survive, it’s time for some fun.
As you already know, ice cream for breakfast will be had. And it will be even more fabulous this year thanks to everyone’s suggestions. Some of the other things in store for the weekend…
- Family campout/sleepover/WhateverYouWantToCallIt in the Living Room
- Cheering on Caedmon at his soccer game
- Celebrating a birthday with Graely
- School (yuck!)
- Some fierce Just Dance 4 competitions
- And maybe a clean apartment for mom to come home to (if she’s lucky)
I’m glad Christy’s able to do this every year. I’m also glad the kids and I are able to
survive thrive while she’s reconnecting/relaxing/recharging with her dear friends.