I’ll bet you thought I forgot. I’ll bet you thought I was going to just let this series of posts fade away like Wonderful Wookiee Wednesday and Flashback Friday (which started waaaay before the whole Throwback Thursday trend. Yet again, I’m a trend-setter) and Thankful Thursday.
I’m happy to say that you were wrong.
It’s just taken me a while to finish this sentence:
“Next year looks better to me because…”
….things are in place for 2015 to be a dream year. Obviously, I cannot predict the future. But here are some things I would love to see happen by the end of next year:
- I will be helping out a local nonprofit organization or two, utilizing the marketing skills I learned during my place of previous employment. It might not pay much, but that’s OK. We’re going to change the world.
- We will finally be a family of six.
- I will finally complete the One Year Bible. I started it back in…oh…2012. And I’m currently on track to complete it December 26, 2014. I suspect that end date might change. Unfortunately.
- I will knock off a few items on my “Things I Want to Do” List. Like, maybe #1 (Go to the Men’s Final Four – it’s in Indy next year), #9 (Attend the Indianapolis 500), #31 (Visit Lincoln’s Tomb), #32 (Grow a Garden), and #88 & #89 (Build and Launch a Model Rocket with my Kids).
- Maybe I will have figured out a way to have a getaway with Christy. A week would be awesome, but I’d be just as happy with just a night or two at this point.
- There’s this little thing called Star Wars Episode VII that’s scheduled to come out in 2015. I just might have to take the family to a midnight showing of that on opening night.
- Maybe Aiden will go fishing with me and my dad at Bennett Spring.
- My story about a snowpocalypse falling upon Indy will be complete and I will be well on my way to finishing my story about a colony on Mars.
Since 2015 starts just a few months from now, it’s time to get cracking and lay the groundwork for what could very well be the most epic year of all time. You hear me?