I recently had the opportunity to join other bloggers from the Indianapolis area at dinner with Robin Sorensen, co-founder of Firehouse Subs. I’d heard of Firehouse Subs before and planned on eating there someday. I’d heard good things about their food. And who can pass up an opportunity to explore drink flavors with the Coke Freestyle machine? I just hadn’t visited them yet. So this was a great chance to hear the company’s story, vision, and their passion.
And eat some amazing food.
They pride themselves on using quality ingredients and generous portions. And they mean it! We sampled four different sandwiches and I’m pretty sure most people were stuffed by the end of the second round! Robin warned us ahead of time that even though each sandwich we were receiving was only one-third the size of a regular sub, they were still going to give us a lot of food. He wasn’t kidding. I tried to pace myself and show some restraint, hoping to bring home any leftovers. But I just couldn’t stop eating the first two sandwiches. You could say that this is a sign that I don’t have very much willpower. I argue that this means that these sandwiches were just so good!
Of the four sandwiches we sampled, the Hook & Ladder, Smokehouse Beef & Cheddar Brisket, New York Steamer, and the Italian, I think my favorite was the Hook & Ladder. I know. Turkey and ham sounds like it might be boring. It isn’t. It’s pretty amazing.
I brought most of the New York Steamer (corned beef and pastrami) home for my wife to try. She said it was the best sandwich she’s ever had. That’s a pretty bold statement. But she might not be too far from the truth.
One of the things I loved from the dinner with Mr. Sorensen was hearing about their work through the Firehouse Subs Safety Foundation. Their purpose is to provide lifesaving equipment to firehouses, police departments, and local schools. They also provide disaster relief. He described the foundation as the ‘heart’ of Firehouse Subs. I love hearing about companies making a difference in the communities around them!
Fabulous sandwiches. Great service. A company that gives back to the community. What more could you ask for from a sandwich shop? The dinner with Robin certainly served its purpose. It won me over. I’m definitely a Firehouse Subs fan now!
I’m giving away a $10 gift card to Firehouse Subs. The contest ends at 12:00 AM on July 17 so you’d better hurry up and enter. There’s plenty of ways to increase your chances of winning. Just enter the giveaway here.
Here’s how you can enter:
- Like the Life in the Fishbowl facebook page
- Like the Firehouse Subs facebook page
- Follow @mattdantodd on twitter
- Follow @firehousesubs on twitter
- Tweet about the giveaway
- Tell me how you found out about the giveaway. Both you AND the person who sent you will receive an entry. The more you tell others about the giveaway, the more chances you have to win! Sharing is caring, after all! 🙂
- Check out the menu and comment on this post. Which Firehouse Subs sandwich do you want to try?
Ready to enter? Click the image below (or enter on the facebook page)!
Latest posts by Matt Todd (see all)
- We stand by Jennifer. I hope you do, too. - July 13, 2017
- An open letter to my children: Thank you for making me Dad - June 17, 2017
- How I was Able to Share an Ice Cold Coke with my Office Teammates - June 15, 2017