Something amazing happened over the weekend. And I completely missed it.
On Friday, Life in the Fishbowl turned eight years old. That’s like turning 40 in Internet years – or something like that. In a world of instant gratification, I’m not sure if anything is expected to last online longer than a year or two. I know – everything lasts forever online. But that doesn’t mean people continue to read it. After all, blogging is supposed to be dead.
Some of you have been reading my drivel for eight years. I’m not sure if you should be commended or pitied for having done so. Either way, thank you for reading my tiny little corner of the world wide Internets.
You know….if I was on top of things, I would’ve done some kind of giveaway to mark this momentous occasion. That didn’t happen. So in honor of the big eight year blogiversary (that I forgot about), you get to read.
I’ve gone back and found some of my favorite posts from my blog over the last eight years. Here they are, in no particular order, for your viewing pleasure.
- Our Heart is in Ethiopia (3/23/2009)
- Close Encounters with Rich Mullins (9/19/2008)
- Star Wars Day: Celebrate the LOVE (5/4/2010)
- Washington Mall (1/20/2009)
- My Pilgrimage (12/22/2006)
- Two Birds, One Stone (2/26/2012)
- Show Hope (11/15/2010)
- Open mouth, insert foot (9/25/2005)
Latest posts by Matt Todd (see all)
- We stand by Jennifer. I hope you do, too. - July 13, 2017
- I wrote some Thank You Notes to my children - June 17, 2017
- How I was Able to Share an Ice Cold Coke with my Office Teammates - June 15, 2017