Mr. _Indy delivered some pretty strong accusations in a blog post today. I would like to say that yes, I am a Hair and I have a beautiful head of hair. Even at birth, my hair was celebrated throughout the city of Chicago. To this day, people still talk about my beautiful head of hair.
First, I want to thank Mr. Todd for giving me a chance to defend myself from this anti-bald hatred. I appreciate that you are giving me a chance to say my piece.
- I am a committed bald. I think the Balds are an amazing group of people. I went to the bald side to experience the bald life style wanting to know if bald is beautiful. Bald is beautiful if you have the right head shape. Call me old fashioned, but beauty is all about the shape of the dome. Look at Lt. Ilia, from the 1979 Star Trek movie. That is a perfect shaped cranium.
- I did not take the easy way out. I went bald to help raise money for a nonprofit. Of course, I taunted the Balds before they caught me and shaved me down. This was out of love and to help promote the cause. I was even attacked as anti-bald before I knew anything about the Balds, a rumor I have fought since I first heard it.
- I am not a flip flopper. I got a little lazy and did not shave my head for a couple months. The hair grew. I can’t prevent what naturally happens. This was not about leaving the Bald community, it was laziness. I love my bald head as much as I love my bald brothers and sisters. My family loves my bald head. Grandma, not so much.
I will agree with Mr. _Indy, there are no bad hair days. And the feel of a bald head feels nice on a pillow. However, shaving a head of this magnitude does take a small amount of time in the morning. Remember, I had a thick head of hair and making sure I clip all of it takes time and mirrors.
Thank you for letting me post this blog.
Live long and bald.
**On that note, I declare a truce. I know there are a few others who would like to respond. Your responses are welcome. They won’t be published until Friday though. I already have two very powerful guest posts lined up for tomorrow and Thursday. You don’t want to miss them. And be sure to tune back in Friday for the continuation of the Big Bald Blog Debate of 2012.
This is Matt: End transmission.**
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Matt Todd (see all)
- Rich Mullins and my personal Cloud of Witnesses - September 19, 2017
- The NASCAR Acceleration Nation app makes races even more exciting! - September 3, 2017
- Then Andrew Peterson made me weep. Again. - August 25, 2017