- I wonder how the whole facebook phenomenon has changed the dynamics of reunions. It’s now easier to keep up-to-date with classmates, so it doesn’t seem like it takes as long to reconnect (not that it really took too long to reconnect before). I was a little surprised at how many times I heard the word ‘facebook’ during the reunion events today.
- Just like when I go back to Evansville, there’s always a hint of sadness when I come to these reunions because there’s never enough time to see everyone I want to see, do everything I want to do, or say everything I want to say. My inner preacher tells me there’s a sermon in that, but I’ll save those thoughts for my other blog (someday).
- Speaking of blogs, I discovered that more people are reading this thing than I’d initially thought. No pressure there 🙂
- Was happy to finally get to meet Scott Berggren’s wife. They seem like the perfect fit!
- I was pleasantly surprised to see Scott & Corri Brooks down here. They were the people who introduced me to Milligan. They even went so far as to drive me and the rest of our Discipleship Group down for a campus visit. I knew as soon as I stepped foot on campus that this was the place I was supposed to be. And that was in spite of slipping in a mud puddle in front of Webb Hall as we were packing up to leave. Oh yeah, and that was in front of one of the girls in our D-Group that I w as trying to impress. Real smooth, Matt. Real smooth. Obviously, it eventually didn’t work out. In spite of that, I came to Milligan anyway. I’m sure my kids are happy about that.
They’re still doing their duty as faithful alumni and encouraging their middle daughter to attend Milligan. That’s the same middle daughter that was younger than Alyson when we met at their house for D-Group. She’s not supposed to be old enough for college! That definitely made me feel…well…old.
- Speaking of encouraging your children to go to Milligan, Christy has been working on convincing the kids that Milligan is their college of choice after high school. Tonight, they both told us they want to go to Milligan, so I guess she’s been able to persuade them.
- While they were at their Papaw & Mamaw’s, Aiden lost another tooth. The Tooth Fairy gave him $5(!) – maybe it was because she likes to play hide & seek and had to go find him over in Mooresville 🙂 . He spent his $5 on a Milligan Buffalo and he’s sleeping with it tonight. That’s a good sign, right? Maybe he’ll don the orange and black after all.
- Much more to share, but it’s far too late and we’re driving home tomorrow. I’ll post more as soon as I can.
Latest posts by Matt Todd (see all)
- The NASCAR Acceleration Nation app makes races even more exciting! - September 3, 2017
- Then Andrew Peterson made me weep. Again. - August 25, 2017
- The Eclipse is coming! The Eclipse is coming! [2017 Edition] - August 20, 2017